Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Your Next Stamp October New Release Blog Hop


Hello! Welcome to the Your Next Stamp October New Release Blog Hop!  The holidays are right around the corner, and we have some fabulous new products to help you create something special for everybody on your list!
The hop begins right here!  Our sweet boss lady’s birthday Karen is coming up on October 25th(Happy Birthday, Karen!!!) so she is celebrating by giving away a prize at every blog!  Make sure you leave comments on all of the DT blogs for your chance to win!
  
I have two projects to share with you today using the super cute new "Holiday Kids Collection" stamps. 

First up I have an angelic monochrome-ish card for you.  I added lots of texture with one of my new snowflake embossing folders, adding some some lace trim and a doily under my image.  I opted to use a clear sticker sentiment on the card as I thought it went well with the image even though it totally bugs me how you can see the edges of it (hee hee).
 
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Kids Collection (Angel image) from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: Basic Grey, Neenah cardstock
Accessories: Wilton doily, lace trim, The Twinery twine, wood button, Darice embossing folder, SRM Sticker sentiment, Copic Markers, Stickles
 
For my second card I went with some more traditional Christmas colours.  I embossed the kraft cardstock with another new snowflake folder (by Darice) and I dragged my white pigment ink over top to make it look snowy.  I jazzed up my image by adding some white dots with a gel pen, some glitter on the hat and I also added crystal lacquer to the light bulbs.    And yes, another doily.....I wish I had hoarded more of the older design that Wilton had out in the past but these will have to do LOL!
 
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Kids Collection (Angel image) from Your Next Stamp, Nativity scene (sentiment) from Your Next Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, white pigment ink
Papers: Jillibean Soup, Neenah cardstock, The Paper Company kraft cardstock, Bazzill cardstock
Accessories: Wilton doily, red button, Devine Twine, Darice embossing folder, WOW! white embossing powder, Copic Markers, Stickles, Crystal accents

Karen is also offering some awesome Choose Your Discount Specials in the YNS Store so make sure you take advantage of these amazing deals!
 
 
 
Now it’s time to hop on over to Joni’s fabulous blog, but don’t forget to leave a comment before you go!  Happy hopping and shopping!

 

33 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

sweet cards!!

Kelli Hull said...

I love seeing our ideas come to life!!!!!

Kimberly Clark said...

Super cute cards!

FitXmom said...

Lovely cards!! :)

Carolyn said...

Cute cards! Love the angel.

Ardilla said...

Very cute cards!
Ardilla :)

Virgo5 said...

Beautiful cards, love the vintage look!

Lori said...

Both cards are gorgeous - my fav is the 2nd one with the vintage look :) VERY cute!

wendy said...

so very pretty!

Kerri said...

I just love all the texture! These are gorgeous, Jen!

Sue D said...

Very cute cards--I like the layers, texture and glitter.

Mary-Anne V said...

very sweet images...love the angel with her basket of stars.

Julie E said...

Such an antique feel with the doily and craft, plus the lace and embossing. Great combo!!

Jenée said...

Such sweet cards, and I do so like those adorable images.

lindaplus3 said...

Very very cute...:)

Heather said...

Very cute. Holiday cards are my favourite.

Lisa T said...

What sweet cards! Love the vintage feel.

calli3 said...

Love love the cards!!The stamps will be my next purchase. The fact that you are all here in Canada really makes me happy :)

calli3 said...

One more comment re:hoarding the "good" stuff-- I have also tried to "hoard" the things I liked and are no longer available, but then I realized that hoarding doesn't help me create. Sometimes you just need that ONE element to finish the project, and there it is hiding in the "hoard" pile.
I know... it makes me sad too, but, there is always going to be another "best" thing to start hoarding :) c

calli3 said...

One more comment re:hoarding the "good" stuff-- I have also tried to "hoard" the things I liked and are no longer available, but then I realized that hoarding doesn't help me create. Sometimes you just need that ONE element to finish the project, and there it is hiding in the "hoard" pile.
I know... it makes me sad too, but, there is always going to be another "best" thing to start hoarding :) c

Maureen said...

Both super fabulous cards - love all the details!

Indy said...

Two fabulously sweet cards! Love the embossing on the second card with the swish of the white over it!

Ruby said...

Very cute cards.

Cheryl Bux said...

Very pretty cards!

Crafty Math Chick said...

How adorable are these?!! I love all the embossing and your touches of sparkle to the wings & Santa cap of these cute images.

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards!

Shell said...

Oh, goodness!! So precious. Both of the stamps are just adorable and you did a wonderful job showcasing them. I can't even pick a favorite. :) Great job.

D- said...

Both of your cards are ADORABLE. LOVE the images. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Tracey Jean said...

loving that reindeer image...

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Super cute cards Jen! Love all the little details you add to your projects! xx

Krash Scrapper said...

Love the textures on your cards

Shirl said...

Cute cards. I wish I collected more of the doily dies also.

Tracy Penney said...

Great cards. I love the new images.