Thursday, October 24, 2013

It’s a Your Next Stamp post-release celebration!

Hello friends!  I’m back (along with the rest of the design team) to share a few more projects using the October new releases from Your  Next Stamp.  You also have until midnight October 25th to hop along and comment for your chance to win some great prizes.  You can find  the start of the hop on my previous post here.

If you’ve been to my blog before you probably noticed that I love to  experiment with some traditional stampy techniques.  For my projects  today I used the new Nativity stamp and used the embossed resist  technique for the images.  First I stamped the image in Versamark ink  and heat embossed with clear powder onto glossy cardstock.  I applied  some Kaleidacolor inks using my brayer which creates a ombre effect  over the image.  I mounted my images onto some tags and used up a  bunch of paper and ribbon/trim scraps.  I also added some of the  wonderful new YNS Gymdrop embellishments.  You MUST give these a try  as they look like pearls but without all the bulk!

Thanks for stopping by.  There is a linky list at the end of my post  for all of the other designer's participating in today's post release  celebration.

 


Supplies:
Stamps:  Nativity Scene from Your Next Stamp
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Cappuccino Delight (brown) and Blue Breeze (blue)
Papers:  Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, other misc. scraps, Ranger glossy cardstock
Accessories:  Your Next Stamp Gum Drop embellishments, trims, ribbon,  twine, WOW! Clear embossing powder, Darice foam snowflakes, Making Memories sentiment tags